Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 12- A Description or Picture of Someone Who Makes Me Happy

I promised myself that I wouldn't make this 30 Day Challenge all about the one person who makes me smile all day every day. But well, there is no one around who makes me more happy than this person.

Joey Rico. The name alone makes me smile. This man is an incredible source of encouragement. He has grown so much in Christ throughout the past seven years. He is the first in his family to get a college degree. He is getting his teaching credential in math (I know, crazy, right? but he loves it). He is a man of integrity and joy, peace and patience. He doesn't think he's worthy of all he has, but he deserves it all and more. He constantly brings me back to Scripture. He uplifts me and others constantly, even when he feels like the world is falling down around him. And I know that this isn't just me talking out of my love for him, because every person I talk to who knows him is amazed by him. Every person says how awesome he is and how glad they are when he is happy "because no one deserves it more." 

He knows how to be silly. He knows how to be serious. His heart breaks for the hardships of his students. He loves and takes care of his family. He is gentle with children and they love him. He is driven to succeed. He is introspective. He looks for opportunities to take care of others.

He is tall. He is handsome. He has brown hair and brown eyes. I could describe everything I love about how he looks, but you can look at the picture. I could go on to tell you about how amazing I think he is. I could go on to tell you so much about him, but well, you should get to know him yourself.


He makes me smile day in and day out. You know that old song "You are my Sunshine" that we sang as kids? He IS my sunshine, shining on me and shining Christ's love on me. He is my most wonderful friend, confidante and love. I am so thankful to God for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment