Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 11- A Story of Something that Made Me Happy Today

Ok so it's not really something huge but it made me happy nonetheless. 

So I love first graders.  A little background. We have "carpet time" and at first they were always saying "Teacher, he's touching me" "Teacher, she's crowding me" "Teacher..." Well, you get the picture. Anyway, so I took out some blue painter's tape and made squares on the carpet. "You will sit in your square and not touch anyone else and you will not touch the tape." Well, they're first graders, so you can guess how well the don't touch the tape thing went over. So lately, the tape has been disappearing rapidly.

Today one of my favorite students came up to me at the beginning of recess and hands me a roll of blue tape. For a moment I thought he'd gotten into my desk, which would be totally  out of character for him. And then he says to me "Teacher, I brought this for you to remake the squares." 

AWWWWWWW!!!! How sweet! I did make sure he'd asked permission to take it and he had, so I accepted it and thanked him. I say it again. I LOVE FIRST GRADERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment